AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN AN EXHIBITION OR INSTALLATION FROM AN ORGANIZATION WITH AN OPERATING BUDGET OVER $30 MILLION
EXHIBITION SYNOPSIS INSTRUCTIONS
- Include a ONE-page synopsis, describing the exhibition and demonstrating that it has advanced the field’s and public’s understanding of the subject in ways that had not been done before (that is, it has generated new scholarship and/or innovative insights into such arenas as creativity, social and cultural intercontextuality, biography).
- This should also describe ways that the exhibition fulfilled the purpose of the museum as a site for meaningful public discourse and experience.
- This must be submitted at PDF.
CURATORIAL WRITING SAMPLE INSTRUCTIONS
- Include samples of curatorial writing that relate directly to the nominated exhibition or installation. These can be an essay, wall text, website description or other material, which will assessment the intellectual content of the exhibition and the curatorial vision.
- This may be sent as a PDF and should not exceed two-pages in length.
IMAGES & VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
- At least one video/photo is required
- Images and/or video should:
- Demonstrate that the artworks in the exhibition are well-chosen; of high quality individually, while jointly reflecting the curatorial premise with clarity and dynamism.
- Include clear and accurate documentation of the design/presentation of the exhibition, specifically with regard to ways that its content and visitor experience were enhanced.
- Up to FIVE images and ONE video URL may be submitted via the Image & Video PowerPoint Form
- Download the form here
- Add photos, URLs, and fill in blank fields
- Save and upload it below as a .ppt or .pptx document
- FIVE IMAGES AND ONE VIDEO ONLY -- additional materials will not be sent to jurors
- Video may only be submitted via URL -- no files will be accepted
CRITERIA IN VETTING NOMINATIONS
- Please click here for more information on the criteria used for vetting nominations in this category.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED