Association of Art Museum Curators & AAMC Foundation
DEVELOPMENT AND OFFICE ASSISTANT
We are seeking diverse, qualified candidates to join the Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC) and AAMC Foundation as our Development & Office Assistant. As the organizations continue a forward momentum, we hope to secure a team member that is engaged in our mission and efforts.
The Assistant serves as the administrative support staff for all aspects of developing and implementing the work of AAMC & AAMC Foundation, and reports to the Executive Director. Primary areas of focus are development, operations, administrative, and programs.
The position is 40 hours a week, non-exempt, with occasional evening and weekend work, with a full benefits package. The offices are located in NYC, and there is not a relocation package available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The AAMC & AAMC Foundation are equal opportunity employers.
NEEDED TO FULFILL ROLE
- Shine when working independently in a quiet environment
- Sensitive to member, client & team needs
- Provide general support in a manner complimentary to the team
- Organized & timely with an ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to multitask & work fluidly between areas of focus
- Proficiency in oral & written communications
- Awareness of current issues in the museum community, with a sincere interest in our mission & the visual arts community
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Maintain individual, institutional & corporate donor files, track gifts & meet deliverables
- Merge & deliver solicitations & acknowledgements for all appeals & gifts, including annual fund, individual, institutional, corporate & membership
- Ensure recognition of donors is correct & updated in print & online
- Work directly with AAMC membership, including individual & institutional member relations, renewals, appeals, member phone inquiries, acknowledgement & other aspects as needed
- Deliver membership statistics & reports monthly
OPERATIONS & ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create & maintain Board of Trustee, Committee, & Task Force rosters, meeting minutes & other associated documents, including preparing Board Meeting minutes
- Manage administrative projects including general research, prospect research (members, corporate & foundation), marketing potential & database entry
- Maintain & manage all calendars for the organizations, staff, committees & trustees:
- Assist with logging receipts, invoices & weekly bank deposits
- Send e-communications & deliver quarterly e-newsletter in conjunction with director & designer
- Ensure that the website is accurate & up to date
- Administrative & clerical tasks including, copying, collating, compiling data, filing, responding to inquiries & other tasks as needed
- Manage facilities such as supplies, files, service providers & vendors
- Oversee interns & volunteers
PROGRAMMING & CONFERENCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer & track applications, communications, payments, & all other information associated with the organization’s grants, awards & prizes, as well as present coordinated information as needed for vetting
- Oversee Conference registrations & ticket purchases
- Oversee Conference hotel room blocks, including counts & comp rooms
- Manage accommodation & travel for speakers, staff & AAMC Leadership to programs
- Produce Conference Attendee listing & name tags
- Organize shipping of needed materials for program execution
- Work with Program coordinator to manage production & delivery of printed materials, including: Attendee Listing; Conference Nametags; registration collateral (including welcome bags)
- Set up daily registration desk & handle check in at events
- Organize & coordinate smooth presentations & volunteer assistance
- Manage sponsorship & Conference Catalogue advertisement deliverables, contracts & payments
- Collect & organize Conference documentation, including photographs, videos & press
- Merge & deliver timely participant & venue thank you packages
- MAC platforms for office programs, basic photo editing & comfortable with learning new software
- Problem Solving
- Please send cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any submissions without a cover letter, resume & salary requirements will not be considered
- No phone calls please
- Submissions accepted until August 31, 2016
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and scanners and fax machines. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The AAMC & AAMC Foundation are equal opportunity employers.
History, Mission & Future: AAMC & AAMC Foundation
Founded in 2001, the Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC) has over 1,300 members from over 400 institutions around the globe. The mission of the Association of Art Museum Curators is to support and promote the work of curators working in the non-profit art community by creating opportunities for networking, collaboration, professional development, and advancement. In support of these aims, the AAMC Foundation seeks to heighten public understanding of the curator's role in art museums & other non-profit models through professional development programs, awards, and grants.
Our 2015 Strategic Plan’s vision statement has a goal of celebrating, advancing, and advocating for the art curatorial profession. The plan’s key facets are advocacy and diversity, and to that end, we have launched task forces in these areas. We will further our professional development opportunities for our members, and the next generation of curators, with additional programming and occasions to connect amongst ourselves and with others. We will actively seek to define and expand the definition of curator, promote the curatorial role and support the highest standards of curatorial ethics and professional behavior.